Thursday, September 10, 2009

Does Every Parent?

Does every parent think they have the cutest kids in the world? I keep asking myself that question. Even though I am pretty sure that is the case, I can't help but thinking that I really do have the cutest kids in the world. It seems like they are doing something new and cute every day. For instance, Darin was folding some of the babies clothes after doing the laundry the other day. He left just for a minute to go and get Cameron from the other room and he came back to find Dallin had pulled all of the clothes down from their neatly folded piles and was playing with them.

Does every parent worry about the tiniest things with their kids? Whenever I hear one of my babies cough I automatically assume that they are getting a cold. I am always worried that my babies aren't long enough because they can't fit into some of the outfits that are labeled with the weight that they are at. I am always worried about not playing with them enough when they are awake or I worry about not giving them enough enriching experiences to stimulate their minds. I guess that there are a lot of worries that are associated with parenting. I am sure that my worries are going to multiply as the grow and especially in the teenage stage.

Does every parent look back to pictures (especially the ones that were taken when they were first born) and realize that they are growing every day? I cannot believe how quickly they grow and change. It seems like they are so much different today then they were in pictures that were taken last week. They really do change every day. In some ways it is sad to think that they will never again be the size that they are today, but on the other hand I am so excited for random things such as seeing what color their eyes will be and seeing how tall they are going to become.
I just look forward to seeing all of these things. I think that the most important thing is to enjoy the stage that they are in and make the most of each day.

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

It is definitely a parent thing to think you have the cutest kids in the world I do those exact things. haha I love the picture of him pulling all the clothes down that is cute.

jm flake said...

Those two boys are super cute! I vote for them as the cutest in the world!